I have only been blogging for a month and I’m still trying to manage my time so I can blog more. It’s been my biggest learning curve, full time job, looking after a dog, having a boyfriend and just the general lifestyle you have always had, means that having that time to post is not as much as you first thought.
However, the other big thing I have learnt is how much the blogging community is just that. A community. It’s a scary thing to put your thoughts, ideas, advice out to the world and I first thought it would be very competitive. In a way it is, there are thousands of us out there all trying to stand out, however, the bloggers I have had the pleasure of meeting through the power of social media has been overwhelmingly supportive.
This leads me to on to the next post… Thank you to the beautiful www.charliefriendofficial.com for nominating me for the versatile blogger award. It’s so nice to be recognised. Although I do have to think of 7 facts about myself which actually isn’t that easy! Here goes…
1. I have a degree in contemporary dance – I have pretty much danced my whole life, from ballet to street to breakdance to contemporary. I found my love for contemporary dance 15 years ago and decided that I wanted to get my BA HONS in it. Obviously back then I no idea my love of retail and fashion would take over. Then I had hopes of becoming an educational officer for a professional dance company and thought I could change the way dance was seen in the national curriculum. I have no regrets, uni was some of the best 3 years of my life and I now have some of my lifelong friends from there.
2. I have a dog called Aggy May- she’s a patter jack. Half patter dale and half jack Russell. Owning a dog has changed my life. It’s hard work, especially working full time and travelling a lot. It’s a great responsibility, and I worry and think of her all day. However, there is nothing more rewarding than walking through that door and seeing the excitement on her face and that little tail wagging. Whoever said a girls best friend was diamonds, never had a dog! She has truly helped me through some tough times, and Oh my she has the cutest face!
3. I am moving to London this month- I am a Yorkshire girl. Born and bred. I grew up in East Yorkshire, went to university in West Yorkshire, I have spent the last 16 years in North Yorkshire and visit friends and family in South Yorkshire regularly. However, it’s time for a change, my work takes me to London more and more and I met a boy 6 months ago that has changed my perception on living in the big smoke. I am so incredibly excited to start a new adventure there with him, and scared at the same time. I will miss Yorkshire life and my family incredibly, but you know when something feels right… Him and London life feels just that.
4. I am addicted to Yorkshire tea- its my survival tool. Enough said.
5. I love Marvel- I’m a bit of a marvel geek. I took my boyfriend to the Marvels avengers station in Paris last month for his birthday and we loved it. We are also going to comic con at the end of this month. Big tick off the bucket list for the both of us! We share many conversations of what our superpowers would be and who’s cooler, Thor or Hulk? Thor obviously.
6. I am qualified in Swedish massage- This happened when I was at a bit of crossroads and didn’t really know what I wanted to do in life! I enjoyed every minute of it, learning about the theory, techniques and being able to train in something that could help someone in someway through relaxation. I do hope to go back to it more some day.
7. I am a vogue hoarder and fashion lover- Well, I couldn’t really talk about myself and not share with you my love for fashion. It’s the reason I’ve started this blog in the first place. It all started with my first ever Vogue Magazine and since then I’ve not looked back on my fashion retail career. I now have a job that i couldn’t have even imagined. I get to work with different brands and products each day, working with buyers and designers, putting together and making styling materials for House of Fraser! Vogue has and will always inspire me, I have a hoard of vogues and still counting and I love my wall with my vintage vogue postcards.
So those are my 7 facts for the Versatile Blogger Award. Please feel free to leave a comment or ask me any questions on the above.
If you would like to take part in the tag, the rules are as follows:
Thank the person who nominated you.
Share the link to their blog.
Reveal 7 facts about yourself.
Nominate other bloggers.
My nominees are;
Tabitha from www.takeheart-becourageous.com
Emily from www.puttheworldtowrites.co.uk
Meg from www.cameoroses.blogspot.co.uk
Ruth from www.sheworechicstyling.co.uk
I hope whatever you have done today, it’s been #TheVery xx